November 20, 2008

நியூயார்க் நகரம் ...

Urangum Neram... well, it doesn't sleep much, or at least around Times Square.

I'm going to New York, I think after about 9 years. I was very restless until I landed at Laguardia. For some weird reasons, 9/11 day was dancing in front of my eyes. Never thought would feel that way. Whew!
Well, I had the pleasure of staying in a hotel in Times Square. It was very cloudy that day, and with tall buildings around, lights and huge huge hoardings around that filled the place didn't know the difference between day or night.
The service at restaurants in Times Square are really fast - faster than many places I have eaten. Well, who would know better than them, that time is $$$!

Me and my friend wanted to see a Broadway musicals. Going to a musicals for the first time, we thought we would pick a story we both can understand very easily, hence decided to go to "Shrek the musicals". Wow! Wow is an understatement. I was totally taken by the production of this show. The stage settings of the castle or the swamp - amazingly well done. The character that won my top vote was Lord Fauquaad. Extraordinary performance. Princess Fiona - was next best. Amazing!! Still wondering if it were 2 different persons for the Ogre Fiona & the Princess or is it same person!! I was completely swept the show.
Broadway musicals should be a MUST SEE item on anyone who goes to NY for vacation :)
Took the downtown tour on the bus - hmm it was OK.

Visited Madam Tussuad's wax museum - was so disappointed not to see RAJINIKANTH or Aishwarya Rai. Also, was disappointed with the way the statues were arranged - didn't have enuf personal space to take good pictures! Would not recommend it for others. If you can, should skip this NY museum, and should go to the original London's.

One thing I missed terribly was going to "Saravana Bhavan" hotel. Did not know about this, may be didn't do my homework thoroughly. Missed it! They have morning breakfasts too - Missed it Missed it.
Well, may be next time :)

So, glad to be back home after 3 full days of roaming, and spending time at NY.

No comments: